– All Players must be registered with Swim Ireland.- All Players must be born in 2016 or later.
– Teams will consist of a maximum of 15 Players with a maximum of 13 players used in any individual match. If a team has more than 13 players, the Team Manager must notify the Tournament Director at least 30 minutes in advance of each match about which player(s) will not participate in that match.
– Players should use the cap numbers listed on their Team Lists submitted to Swim Ireland. Any change must be notified by the Team Manager to the Tournament Director at least 30 minutes in advance of any match where different cap number(s) will be used.
– Games 1 through 52 will be 2 x 6 mins actual with one timeout available per team per period. Unused timeouts are forfeit and do not carry to the next period.
– Game 53 (Gold Medal match) will be 4 x 4 minutes actual time with 2 timeouts available per team to be used at any time the team is in possession of the ball.
– In matches 1 – 24, Points shall be awarded as follows:
a) Win – 3 Points
b) Draw – 1 Point
c) Loss – 0 Points
– In the event that teams finish on equal points after the completion of the Group Stage (after match 24 has been completed), then Teams will be ranked as follows:
a) The team which has gained the most points in matches between the teams shall be ranked higher.
b) If there is still a tie, then the team with the largest difference between goals scored for and against in all matches shall be ranked higher.
c) If the teams are still tied, the team having scored the higher number of goals in all matches will be ranked higher.
d) If the teams are still tied, ranking will be decided by the drawing of lots.
– All knockout matches (25-48) will be played to a definite result. In the event of a tie at the end of normal time the game shall go straight to a “penalty shoot-out” in accordance with FINA Rules.
– The Size 3 water polo ball will be used throughout the tournament.
Disciplinary Rules Summary:
– Misconduct (Exclusion with Substitute under WP 21.13) or Red Card shown to Coach, Official or Player:
– 1st Offence = no automatic suspension
– 2nd Offence = 1 match automatic suspension.
– Brutality: Any player excluded for Brutality (WP 21.14) will be suspended for at least the next game.
– In all cases, the Tournament Director and/or Jury of Appeal may impose a greater penalty due to the nature of the offence.
– Any such punishment shall be in addition to any punishment that the Ireland Water Polo Disciplinary Committee may impose at a later hearing.
Poolside Behaviour and respect for Officials, Staff and other Teams
– While within the vicinity of the pool, all players should be under the supervision of their designated Team Manager who is responsible for their behaviour.- Players and Club Officials should respect the wishes of the Pool Staff and Tournament Officials and follow their instructions at all times.- All empty bottles, packaging, foodstuffs etc. must be removed promptly and placed in the bins provided.- If the behaviour of a player or official is deemed to be unacceptable and they fail to correct this behaviour upon request, the Tournament Director may instruct that player or official to leave the pool area.
Questions & Disputes
– Rules will be clarified and Questions answered at the Technical Meeting.- The Tournament Director (and if necessary the Jury of Appeal) will adjudicate over disputes.