Members Update – February 2022
https://stvincentswaterpolo.ie/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/U17-Boys-National-Championship-3rd-Place-2022.jpg 720 960 St. Vincents Admin https://stvincentswaterpolo.ie/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/main-logo.png St. Vincents Admin2022-02-27 17:09:182022-08-25 13:36:49Members Update – February 2022
We hope you are all keeping well – here’s some club news and information on a great Swim Ireland raffle that we are asking for you to support.
- Irish U17 Cup – Our Boys & Girls team competed in the U17 Cup in Belfast in January. Both teams played very well and made it out of their respective groups to Semi-Final stage. Well done to our Girls team, who were runners-up in the final, taking home the silver medal, and to our Boys team, who finished in bronze medal position. Great experience & fun was had by both teams. Thank you to our coaches, assistant coaches, and Team Managers and to all the parents who supported the teams over the weekend.
- Irish U13 Cup – Best of luck to our junior boys who will play in the U13 Cup on the weekend of 12th February in Galway. This will be the first tournament for many of the team, we hope you all enjoy it and have great fun together! Thanks to Mick Kelly, Coach and Siobhan Egan, Team Manager.
Irish Squad Selection:
- Well done to our Ladies and Men players who have been selected to represent Ireland in the European Championship Qualifiers:
- Senior Ladies selected to play in a tournament in Romania – Laura Murphy, Sinead McArdle, Lisa Kelly, Aoife Hennessy, Clíona Colvin, Katie Hynes
- Senior Men selected to play in a tournament in Malta – Eoin Bridgeman, Cillian Colvin, Shane O’Brien, Matthew Hynes
Swim Ireland Clubs Draw:
- Our club is run voluntarily, with member fees and fundraising covering the cost of running the club. Swim Ireland recently launched a fundraising initiative to support all clubs, there are some great prizes up for grabs. Tickets cost €5, and for every ticket sold, our club receives €4 to contribute towards the club’s running. The draw takes place on 31st March.
How to Buy Tickets and support your club:
1) Click on the link below:
2) Register to enter the draw. Registration is very quick, you just need to enter your name and email or mobile number.
3) Select your club – St Vincent’s Water Polo!
4) Select the number of tickets you want to buy.
As an added incentive to supporting your club, for all those competitive people out there (you know who you are!!), you can see how many tickets are remaining for all clubs….so let’s win this and get all Vincent’s tickets sold!! The details to enter the raffle are also on our website and social media.
Thanks in advance for your support.
Yours in Sport
St Vincent’s Water Polo Club Committee